Allow or Deny Access to Your Physical Location Settings for windows
Device’s Physical location or Geolocation is determined by the Geolocation which accomplishes this task by gathering the digital information. All the websites and Web application have got the features of getting access to Geolocation API, installed on every famous browser. The gathered information by such way can be used in the variety of way, like an example providing the content to the general areas on the basis of targeted location. If you are in Russia you can read your content in Russian, or in China vice versa.
how to enable the location access from the browser settings
There are a lot of other reasons for which this information are helpful. Sometime there may be a purpose to served news or ads for the specific product to the specific location or locale. There is a lot of users who are not interested in this features of the browser, for such user browser has an opportunity that they can turn off their location from there browsers. This article is based on the details about how to allow or deny the access to your Physical location setting through different browsers like as under:
Google Chrome location settings
if you are the user of Google Chrome you can make the setting of your Physical location as under:
- Go to the Google Chrome’s main menu button on Right side at top of the browser marked with three horizontal Dots.
- When next windows appear, select Settings.
- Scroll Down and click on Show advanced settings link.
- Go below by scrolling your mouse and click on Privacy. choose the Content settings button.
- In Content Setting you can see at the bottom, the section labeled Location, including the following three options;
- Allow all sites to track your physical location:
- Ask when a site tries to track your physical location
- Do not allow any site to track your physical location:
- There is also the privacy option which has Manage Exception Button, which allows you to whether to access the device’s physical location or not.
how to change your location in firefox
For Firefox user we here describe such steps to disable or allow the location features
- Enter the mentioned URL given as about:config in Firefox URL text bar and press the Enter.
- The windows will appear with a warning message, you will have to select the I’ll be careful, I promise!
- You will see a list of Firefox’ Preferences will be in front of you. Enter the Geo.enabled in the search Bar.
- Geo.enabled will now appear with the value of true. If your change your mind and your want to go to disable it, you should go for double click on preference which means the value is changed to false.
- A list of Firefox‘s Preferences should now be displayed. Enter the following text in the Search bar, located directly below the address bar: geo.enabled.
- The enabled preference should now be displayed with a Value of true. To disable Location-Aware Browsing completely, double-click on the preference so that its accompanying value is changed to false. Re-enabling is as easy as disabling which can be done through the double click on preference.
Opera Browser Location Settings
Opera Browser user can make their browser setting in the following way:
- Write down the text opera://settings URL in Opera’s Adress bar and hit the Enter button
- Opera Setting or Preferences will be displayed in the new tab. Choose the Website option, located on the left side menu.
- At the Bottom of the page you see Location section, which consists of three sub option:
- Allow all sites to track my physical location:
- Ask me when a site tries to track my physical location:
- Do not allow any site to track my physical location:
- Same here in the Location section you will find Manage Exceptions Button, here you can manage the each individual website, when you trying to make the setting of accessing the physical location.
Internet Explorer 11 Location Settings
Internet Explorer or IE 11 user can make their setting in the following manner:
- Select the Action Menu, which you can find at right side upper corner of your browser
- Once you click on Action Menu, a drop-down menu will appear, choose the Internet Options.
- now go for the selection of Privacy tab.
- In Privacy Option, you will find the Location section. Which accompanied with following option
Never allow websites to request your physical location registry
this is the main option which permits your browser to allow or deny the location access.
- There is another option you will find within the Location section is the option of the clear site, this option will let, IE11 prompts action whenever any site try to get an access to your physical location. You can also create a list of site with the name as the Black list and white list for all respective websites.
- Located within IE11’s Privacy Options is a section labeled Location which contains the following option, disabled by default and accompanied by a checkbox: Never allow websites to request your physical location. When activated, this option instructs the browser to deny all requests to access your physical location data.
How do I set location sharing on my browser Safari?
Safari (macOS Only)
Mac Operation system user can make there browser setting for allowing or deny the physical location in below manner:
- Open the Browser and select the safari form menu, which spotted right at the top of the screen.
- A drop-down menu will appear where you have to select the preferences option. You can also access the menu with typing the shortcut key: COMMAND+COMMA(,).
- In preferences select the Privacy Option.
When you select the Privacy here you will find a section with named as Website use of location services, which has the following role:
- Prompt for each website once each day
- Prompt for each website one time only
- Deny without prompting
How do I enable location? (Android)
- Leave the Instagram app and go to your iPhone’s Settings.
- Tap Privacy > Location Services.
- Scroll down with mouse and click Instagram.
- choose Never or While Using the App to choose location access.
Note: After reading all of the above mention details if you still have any problem you can ask in comment box.